Ice Skating

 zondag 11 januari 2009

Toen ik deze stempel van Tilda en Edwin voor de eerste keer zag vond ik hem gelijk geweldig! Ik vond het ook een echt nederlandse stempel. Nu iedereen aan het schaatsen is moest ik natuurlijk een kaart maken. De sketch is van
A Spoonfull Of Sugar. Ik heb zelf ook nog op de schaatsen gestaan en dat was 12 jaar geleden voor het laatst. Dus dat viel niet mee. Mijn zus
Leonie en mijn ouders hebben nog een paar toertochten gemaakt maar dat is echt niet voor mij weggelegd. Wel heb ik een paar foto's van mij schaatsend over de gracht hier.



When I first saw Tilda and Edwin on skates I just loved it! Especially since ice skating is a national sport in the Netherlands. It has been extremely cold over here since new-year and everybody is ice skating now! Even I did it….. I was not on skates since 12 years so it was a bit clumsy. My sister Leonie and my parents did a long tour. Yesterday Leonie and my father skated a 15 kilometre tour and today my mum joined in and they did a 10 kilometre tour. I’m impressed!
So inspired by this I did a card with the sketch from
A Spoonfull Of Sugar.
Oh and I included some pics of my ice skating.




Saturdaymorning I walked to my parents house and took some pictures of the town-moat when nobody was skating on it. Well a couple of hours later my mum and I where there and also a lot of other people! You can also see the water tower in the distance.

3 reacties:

Nikki Fairbairn,  12 januari 2009 om 22:56  

Your card is beautiful Sandra and love how it was inspired by the weather and fun time ice skating, Hugs, Nikki x

Nettie,  9 februari 2009 om 20:56  

great photos! lovely atmosphere comes across

Nettie,  9 februari 2009 om 20:57  

ps! I had a great book as a child, about ice skaters in Holland, these photos reminded me of that: thankyou!

Een reactie posten

Thanks for leaving a message!
I really appreciate it.
Sandra

Visitors since february 26 2008

Free Web Site Counter

Important

Text and pictures © Sandra Wittendorp. All rights reserved. The content in this blog may not be copied or used without written permission from myself. All photos are for personal use only and may not be copied for submission to contests, magazines, or any other use. Thanks for understanding.

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP